Fitted Hat Size Guide
Fitted Hat Sizes
Purchasing a fitted hat is easy, but which size should you get? The above video from Lids will show you how to measure your head, so you can get the correct fit. You can also read our blog "What Size Fitted Should I Wear?". Below is a quick reference guide to the different fitted hat sizes available for New Era as well. Additionally when you are browsing any number of fitted hats you will come across our interactive fitted hat size conversion tool.
What's My Size?
Here's a step-by-step instruction on how to use our interactive fitted hat size tool that can be found on every fitted hat page. Before following this instruction you must measure your head (provided in the video above).
Calculate My Size Step-by-Step
- Click on the "Size Chart" tool.
- On the right side of the chart is a list of common head sizes in inches. Find the inches that best match your own measurement result. You can also switch tabs to CM which is centimeters.
- Look to the right side of the chart, the corresponding fitted hat size should fit you perfectly.
- Switch tabs to the "Calculate My Size"
- Copy and paste or input your head size in inches into the blank field. Once again you can switch to CM tab if you would like to use centimeters instead of inches.
- Choose your fit preference - Decide if you want your fitted hat a little loose, a little tighter or just regular.
- Depending on your Fit Preference the recommended size will display below.
If your head measurement is smaller than 21.6 inches or larger than 26.1 inches then you will encounter an error (as seen below)
This happens because there are no fitted hat size for adult heads of 19 inches. Our suggestion would be to choose 21.6 inches for small heads and for larger heads choose the 26.1 inches. You can always stretch out and shrink your fitted hat to fit your head better. Children head sizes are commonly between 16-19 inches and have specialized New Era fitted hats made for them.
New Era Fitted Hat Size Chart